Bachelor of Physiotherapy
The Bachelor degree in Physiotherapy is a four year full time academic programme
with non-semester pattern of examination. After passing the fourth year of education the student undergoes physiotherapy internship for a period of six months in various departments and scores a minimum of 50% marks in the compulsory scoring system after which he/she is eligible to apply for the convocation.
- Candidates belonging to all categories for admission to the B.P.T Degree course should have passed the higher secondary examination-12th with the following subjects: Physics, chemistry and Biology/Botany and Zoology.
- Candidates who have studied abroad and have passed the equivalent Qualification as determined by the Association of Indian Universities Will form the guideline to determine the eligibility and must have passed in the subjects: physics, chemistry, biology (Botany/Zoology) and English up to 12th standard level.
- Candidates who have passed the senior secondary school examination of National open school with a minimum of 5 subjects with any of the following group subjects.
- English, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology.
- English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and any other language.
Age Limit for Admission
- A Candidate should have completed the age of 17 years at the time of Admission or would complete the age on or before 31st December on the year of admission to the B.P.T degree course.
Working Days in an Academic Year
- Each academic year shall consist of not less than 240 working days.
Attendance Requirement for Admission to Exam
- 90% of attendance during his/her study and training in the affiliated institutions recognized by this university and produces the necessary certificate of study attendance
Physiotherapy Internship (PI)
- All candidates admitted to Bachelor of Physiotherapy Degree Course shall undergo Six (6) months of Physiotherapy internship in the Institution he/she has studied after successful completion of the final examination in the following clinical areas.
- Department of orthopaedics & Traumatology – 30 days
- Department of Cardio pulmonary Sciences including ICCU – 30 days
- Department of Medicine and Neurology – 30 days
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology – 2 weeks
- Paediatrics – 2 weeks
- IMCU – 2 weeks
- Post-operative ward and SICU – 2 weeks
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation – 30 days