Places Around Coimbatore
1. Some of the places easily accessible from Coimbatore
- Ooty – One of the most popular tourist destination is just three hours through road from Coimbatore.
- Ooty Train – A ride on the Nilgiri Mountain Railway toy train is the highlight of a visit to Ooty. A UNESCO World Heritage site, the train runs from Mettupalayam to Ooty, via Coonoor, in the Nilgiri Hills.
- Anamalai Tiger Reserve is located in the Anaimalai Hills of Pollachi, Valparai.
- Black Thunder is a water theme situated at the foot of Nilgiris near Mettupalayam, in Coimbatore, 40 km north of the city.
- Siruvani Waterfalls and the dam named after them are located 33 km west of Coimbatore in the Western Ghats.
- Kerala – border of Kerala is just 40 km from Coimbatore.
- Marudhamalai– Subramaniyaswami Temple at Marudhamalai is a popular 12th century hill temple dedicated to Hindu god Murugan, situated near Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India. It is considered as the Seventh House of Lord Murugan.
- Perur Pateeswarar Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Shiva located at Perur, in western part of Coimbatore in state of Tamil Nadu in India. The temple was built by Karikala Chola. The temple is located 7 km west of the Noyyal River.
- Kovai Kondattam is an electrifying, exhilarant and eye-popping family destination that promises you a adventure worth remembering. 9kms from Coimbatore.
- The Vydehi water falls is situated some 35 km away from the Coimbatore city.
- Velliangiri hill temple – This revered hill temple is situated some 40 km away from the city Of Coimbatore. The temple has essentially been dedicated to lord Siva and sits on the Velliangiri Hill which has an imperial altitude of 6000 feet.
- Kovai Kutralam falls is an exhilarating water fall located in the scenic region of Siruvani. The water fall is about 37 kilometers away from Coimbatore city and the water fall is predominantly manifested for its exaltedness.
- The Monkey falls is an exemplary and archetypal out-of-doors coffee break spot, which is situated some 65 kilometers away from Coimbatore city.
- A pilgrims’ paradise, Eachanari Vinayagar Temple is situated about 11km from Coimbatore city.
- Kodiveri Dam – The dam is built on the Bhavani river. The park, associated play area and coracle rides are the main attractions. Located 70kms from Coimbatore.
- Ranganathar Temple – A famous temple which is 23km from Coimbatore on the way to Mettupalayam.
2. Places within city
- Nehru Stadium.
- Gedee Car Museum.
- Govt museum at VOC Park.
- Fun mall , Prozone Mall , Brookfields mall.
- Regional Science Centre and Science Museum.
- Ancient Industrial Artifacts Museum, Ramanathapuram.
- Gass Forest Museum, Forest College Campus, Coimbatore.
- Kasthuri Sreenivasan Art Gallery & Textile Museum (Culture Centre).
- Temples – Koniamman Temple, Masaniamman Temple,ayyappan temple.
- VOC Park and zoo is a zoological garden and amusement park located in Coimbatore.
- GD Naidu Museum – Museum featuring an eclectic range of automobiles, with an emphasis on design & innovation.