On the 25th of January 1926, the Trust under the name and style of “PS Govindasamy Naidu & Sons Charities” came into being, to cater to the growing needs of education and industry by the four sons of Sri P.S. Govindaswamy Naidu, the Founder of the Trust.
The trust felt that illiteracy caused stagnation, insults to the people from the progressive change taking place all around and left them poor and uninformed and hence it was at the root of all the ills of the society. They struck back at illiteracy with a missionary zeal and made education as their primary thrust area. The generous and leadership qualities of the Founder and his four sons surged ahead, to the force. The zeal of enthusiasm continued and many institutions were born in succession in various disciplines.
The PS Govindasamy (PSG) Naidu & Sons’ Charities has Eighty Seven years of legacy in education and industry in our country. Its successful alumni are spread across the length and breadth of the globe. The PSG group of institutions specializes in providing comprehensive teaching – learning facilities in a spectrum of educational fields, starting from kindergarten to centres of higher education, advanced studies and research in Arts, Sciences, Engineering, Management, Medicine, Nursing, Physiotherapy, and Pharmacy. It has nearly 1000 plus teaching staff and more than 18000 students. PSG has been consistently breaking higher ground in the field of education.